The Nuclear Energy Conference (NEC for short) has been held annually since 2014, alternating between Prague and Linz, and is dedicated to a special thematic focus each year. It originated from an initiative of the Antiatom-Offensive of the province of Upper Austria and is organized by antinuclear organizations from the Czech Republic and Austria.
Since then, the event has become a fixed date in the European antinuclear scene and a meeting place for all those interested in antinuclear - whether private individuals, antiatom activists, scientists or politicians.
Lectures and discussions will be simultaneously translated into German, Czech and English.
More information on past conferences:
- 2023: Brave New Atomic World?
- 2022: What Prevents Nuclear Energy Development in Europe?
- 2021: How to Dismantle an Atomic Lie - taking apart the nuclear falsehoods
- 2020: Nuclear Power in a Time of Global Climate Change
- 2019: Lifetime extends danger
- 2018: Nuclear waste: Unwanted legacy of nuclear power
- 2017: 1957-2017: EURATOM – Nuclear industry subsidized, privileged, protected
60 years is enough!
- 2016: Nuclear Energy – Expensive Gamble
- 2015: Europe without nuclear power. What does the energy future of Europe look like?
- 2014: Economic Limits of the Nuclear Power Industry